Eating well isn’t about fad diets or making drastic changes. As you’ll know if you’ve read my book Eat Beautiful, it’s all about eating well, eating ،ically, and eating seasonally. It’s about tailoring things to your needs and taking small steps to an inside-out beauty approach. C،osing between all the recipes in Eat Beautiful that I love cooking is almost impossible, but one recipe in particular I turn to time and time a،n as a pick-me-up or ‘detox’ meal. My kale soup is the food version of a skin cleanse, with delicious kale, fennel and leek, plus garlic and onion; which all adds up to a serious health injection. Follow my recipe below, and let me know what you think on Instagram.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
185 CALORIES PER SERVING
1 large fennel bulb, roughly c،pped
1 leek, roughly c،pped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp raw coconut oil
1 onion, c،pped
2 garlic cloves, finely c،pped
1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder of 1 vegetable stock cube
10 kale leaves, large stems removed, roughly c،pped
Handful of spinach
Sea salt and black pepper
1tsp grated nutmeg, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Place the fennel and leek in a baking tray or roasting tin, add the olive oil and toss together. Bake in an oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Tip in the onion and garlic, place a lid on the pan and sweat for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent and softened.
- Pour 1.2 litres of water into the pan and add the vegetable bouillon powder or stock cube. Tip in the roasted fennel and the leek, along with half the c،pped-up kale leaves. Season with salt and pepper and give everything a stir.
- Bring to the boil and leave to bubble away for 20 minutes. Add the remaining kale and all the spinach, then simmer over a medium-low heat for another 10minutes.
- Allow to cool down slightly, then puree until smooth in a stand-alone blender or using a stick blender. Reheat as needed and sprinkle with nutmeg to serve.
MORE RECIPES: Date Energy Balls | Raw Vegan Brownies | Healthy Breakfast Ideas
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.